Today I had my 100% Remy human tape hair extensions installed at Christiane’s salon at Newcastle NSW. This blog post will let you know what to expect when you are getting tape hair extensions.
When I arrived my hair was washed with a cleansing shampoo, dried and straightened. The tape extensions were installed and I was surprised at how easy and clean it was. No pulling on my hair like the keratin bonds and it took only around 45 minutes which is much less than keratin which can easily take up to 3 hours.
I had a 50/50 mix of black wefts and silver wefts. The stylist sandwiched the two colours together to get a lovely blend. The tapes sit flush with my head so it’s not nearly as noticeable as the keratin bonded hair extensions.
As she applied the tapes, the stylist advised me of the golden rules of wearing tape hair extensions.
- If you swim, do not put it in a bun. Wear it loose.
- Don’t wash hair upside down. Stand upright in the shower and wash from the crown of the head downwards.
- Don’t put conditioner on the tapes. It may break them down.
- Use an Argan oil on the ends.
- The tapes mould to the shape of your head after wearing for a few days, making them even less noticeable.
- Put hair in a plait for sleeping if you are a rough sleeper. Lots of movement and rubbing on the pillow can knot the tapes.
- Do not wash your hair for 3 days after application. This gives the glue sufficient time to bond.
- The glue does not harm your hair.
- Tape hair extensions last about 6 weeks. After six weeks you go in and have them removed and moved up the hair.
- You can reuse the hair from Kristiane’s twice and sometimes up to 3 times.
I am so pleased with the final result of the human Remy tape hair extensions. It was hard to find a hairdresser in Newcastle who does the tape human hair extensions but I am glad I found Kristiane’s and recommend this place. Opposite woolies in Marketown in Newcastle city, NSW.